Friday, April 11, 2014

Resurrection

Wow… it’s been almost 2 years since I last posted.  Where did I go?!?! Well, as luck would have it, I injured myself and ended up getting my foot looked at.  Apparently, I have SEVERE protonation and got super fancy shoe inserts.  This took all summer from start to finish. 

September of 2012 was like the party that never ended.  Mark and I went to the Brass City Brew Fest and drank waaaay too much.  We had a great time with our best friends, perfect weather, and great vendors. 

A few weeks later we went on our yearly trip to Stowe with our close friends, Mike, Kristina, and Colin.  We had a weekend (completely) full of British cars, brewery after brewery, and amazing local food.  What more could you ask for?

"My" Triumph  <3<3
Hill Farmstead tasting

Loving on the baby cows at one of the dairy farms we visited
 Well, we came home from Vermont (after buying one too many growlers and bottles of hard to find beers) only to find out that I was pregnant!  Once the shock wore off, it became a whirlwind of preparations, baby classes, celebrations, and getting ready.
My friend, Frank, at the "Baby-Q" our BF's threw for Mark and I

The beautiful and delicious cake from Chickadee Hill Cakes

My Sister, Jen, and I at my baby shower

On June 9th at 7:22pm we welcomed Elise into the world.

Elise!

Our first family photo
So Alert!
I got really good at one handed sleeping baby selfies on maternity leave
It's been a really busy and crazy 10 months since she's been born.  So.....now that we're all caught up... My main reason for resurrecting this blog is to chronicle my Whole30 journey that I started on Monday.  I'll have to back track this first week, but honestly, it really wasn't that exciting.  Just what you want to hear, right?  I hope you keep checking back to see how it all goes!   

No comments:

Post a Comment