Saturday, April 12, 2014

Week 1 in Review- Lunch

I started on Monday after enjoying a Sunday night friend dinner of wine, prosciutto fig flatbread, beef stew, and brownies with  homemade caramel sauce and gelato.  It was delicious.

The Saturday before I began my whole30 I started making beef bone broth from "It Starts with Food".  In hindsight, I should have boiled the bones on their own in order to better scoop up the scum and then added the veggies later. Oh well. It still turned out really delicious.

Bone Broth Ingredients

The crockpot I borrowed from my mom....that may actually predate me.

The finished product- faux pho


My lunch for the week was the bone broth, a handful of trimmed green beans, 1/2 of a red pepper diced, a handful of diced onion and a large handful of cube steak. I stir fried the veggies and meat together with a tablespoon of coconut oil and added 1/4 tsp of ginger and cinnamon to it before packing it up.  At work, I heated it all up together in a big bowl and ripped some basil into it.  It was awesome!

What is your favorite lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment