Saturday, April 12, 2014

Week 1 in Review- Breakfast

I love breakfast.. I'm serious.  I love it.  Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, homefries. All of it.  Yum.  My breakfast this week....and maybe for the whole 30 days was 2 scrambled eggs from Nellie's Cage-Free eggs, a large handful of spinach, and 2 Jones Dairy Farm Little Pork sausages.

Sorry... I forgot to take a picture and started eating it.
Depending on my morning routine I sometimes make the dish the night before or in the morning.  I take out 2 sausage links and throw them in a non-stick pan on med-high heat with about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of water.  I cover it so it can steam cook.  While the sausage is cooking, I whisk together 2 whole eggs.  The sausage will be done when the water boils away.  I take out the sausage and cut it up and toss a large handful of spinach in the hot pan along with the cut up sausage and let wilt.  Once the spinach wilts I pour in the whisked eggs and grind some salt and pepper.  Once the eggs are set, I flip it and cook the other side for a few minutes until its done (Sorry, I don't time it...they're eggs... cook it until it's done but not burnt.).

I bought a cantaloupe and cut up an 1/8 of it into chunks to go with my eggs.  It's a perfect breakfast.  I don't even miss the cheese.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment